Few people are completely satisfied with their body. Some are worried because of excess weight, others are due to the fact, that the coveted cubes of the press still do not appear on the almost perfect abdomen, the third can not come into shape after giving birth.
And sooner or later everyone thinks about a quick and cardinal solution of the problem.
Liposuction is a method of correcting the contours of the body, during which excess fat deposits are removed from its individual parts.
Any surgeon without hesitation will confirm that exactly this operation from year to year remains one of the most popular both in the US and around the world.
And new, minimally invasive methods allow it to be carried out practically everywhere, even on the face, and with minimal damages and consequences for the organism.
Each of us on the body has so-called “fat traps” that are local subcutaneous deposits, which are almost impossible to remove with the help of diets and physical exertion.
Usually they form in the lower abdomen, on the sides, in the riding breeches, on the knees or in the cervical chin, but can appear almost anywhere – even on the face, in the form of excessively chubby cheeks.
With the help of liposuction, you can get rid of such “difficult to remove” fat and give your figure an ideally attractive shape.
There are also theories that after it the cholesterol level in the blood decreases and, as a consequence, the risk of heart attacks and diabetes, but there is no serious evidence base under them today.
Thus, the main result that patients will receive is aesthetic. At the same time, there are many misconceptions about what and why this operation should be done. Let’s analyze the main ones:
Lose weight. Liposuction is not a way to quickly and effortlessly lose weight. With its help, it will not be possible to get rid of at once from 15 or 10 extra kilograms (22 lb 3/4 oz. – 33 lb 1 oz.), a relatively safe limit – about 5 kg (11 lb).
Moreover, people who are obese, it is completely directly contraindicated. And the best results are obtained by patients with a weight not much different from normal.
Tighten sagging skin. Usually everything happens exactly the opposite: after removing a part of fatty deposits, the skin surpluses become even more noticeable. If they really are many, the problem can be solved only with the help of a lift – and, most of such operations (abdominoplasty, brachioplasty, buttocks lift) can be combined with liposuction, costing one anesthesia and recovery period as a result.
Remove stretch marks. Stretch marks is a special kind of scars, they are located in the upper layers of skin and fat evacuation will not affect their condition and appearance. Something can be changed either through complete excision of the problem area – this is done within the same abdominoplasty – or with the help of courses of cosmetology procedures, such as laser resurfacing or mesotherapy.
Get rid of cellulite. “Orange peel” is formed due to two main factors: dense fibers of connective tissue that pull the skin down and fatty seals that push it up. The last really can be removed with the help of liposuction, but it is powerless against the first.
As a result, in some cases, especially if the skin is not very elastic and prone to sagging, cellulite on the hips and buttocks will become even more noticeable after the operation.
Achieve an ideally flat stomach. You can only pump out fat, located between the skin and the muscle tissue. Sometimes this will be enough (there is a simple test: everything that can be squeezed between the fingers can be removed with the help of liposuction). But, unfortunately, for many people, the “abdomen” bulges out for another reason – because of the interlayer between muscles and internal organs, the so-called “abdominal” visceral fat. It can not be removed by surgery, but it is much better than subcutaneous, it reacts to diets and physical exercises.
What are the types of liposuction and how are they carried out?
Currently, the “classical” (vacuum) operation, in which the surgeon works literally by hand, is practically not done due to the appearance of many safer and more effective alternatives. Modern variants differ in the degree of invasiveness and the type of energy used to destroy adipose tissue. They can be divided into two main groups:
- Surgical – traumatic, with the inevitable anesthesia and rehabilitation period. They are the most effective: for 1 procedure you can remove up to 5-6 liters of fat.
- Non-operative – much easier to carry by the patient, sometimes can be carried out under local anesthesia, do not require a long recovery. But to get a persistent and noticeable result you need a course of 10-15 sessions, and the final effect will not be as impressive as in the previous case.
Liposuction can be performed both in isolation and together with other plastic operations and hardware procedures:
Most often it is combined with a breast lift, hips, abdominoplasty, facelift. In some cases, “pumping” fat is only the first step in a more complex process: the surgical redistribution of adipose tissue in the body, when excess from one zone move to another – for example, from the stomach to the gluteal region, chest, cheeks.
Hardware versions of lipolysis can be well supplemented with vacuum massage, miostimulation or pressotherapy to accelerate the removal of residues of destroyed fat cells from the body, as well as thermolifting for improved destruction of fat cells and simultaneous tightening of saggy skin.
What Parts of the Body Can Be Treated With Liposuction?
In short, almost everywhere. Even for the most delicate areas with thin sensitive skin, it is really possible to choose a sparing, but quite effective technique:
Belly. Most often, the abdomen leads the patients to a plastic surgeon. Removal of fat surpluses is sometimes supplemented with abdominoplasty – a tummy tuck of the abdomen, which allows to remove the “apron”, which many form after giving birth or abrupt weight loss. Work in this area can be any method -all depends on scale of the problem.
Buttocks. Can be adjusted both in isolation and in combination with liposuction of the hips and / or back. Also, it is from here (and also from the inner thighs) that fat cells are most often taken for lipofilling.
Hips. The most sought-after areas here are the “ears” or “riding breeches” on the outside, characteristic of a pear-shaped body.
Slightly less popular are the inner side, and the surrounding area. Usually, this procedure complements the correction of the buttocks.
Legs, incl. knees, calves – Among other things, liposuction is the only possible method to remove excess fat from the knees, in other ways to achieve an adequate result in this zone is almost impossible.
Face, cheeks, and second chin – Here doctors prefer to use non-surgical (hardware) lipolysis, to avoid injuries to numerous nerve endings and blood vessels. Surgical methods are used primarily for the chin in combination with a facelift and neck, and punctures in this case are hidden behind the ears and in the scalp.
Breast. Most often, breast liposuction is performed by women simultaneously with an operation to increase or lift, and men – as a treatment for gynecomastia. If you need to remove minor fat deposits (for example, small wrinkles between the shoulder joint and the upper part of the breast), you can do with hardware techniques.
Armpits. They are usually “made” in conjunction with liposuction of the breast or scapula, or with the simultaneous removal of sweat glands in the treatment of hyperhidrosis.
Hands. Here the main problem area is from the elbow to the shoulder joint. Both non-surgical and surgical techniques are used, the latter often combined with excision and lifting of sagging skin – brachioplasty.
Ears on the sides. Isolated with this zone are rarely used, but it is almost always ruled during liposuction of the abdomen to form harmonious and attractive waist contours.
Back. You can remove fat from the upper back under the shoulder blades, around the waist, sometimes with simultaneous correction of the sides, and also to remove the so-called “widow’s hump” – dense deposits in the region of the seventh cervical vertebra.
The pubic zone is not the most popular area, but such an operation is also possible – if excessive volume in this area causes discomfort and uncertainty in sexual life.
Recovery after liposuction
To a relatively complex recovery period should be prepared only if it is a question of one of the surgical techniques. For several weeks after the operation, patients experience painful, or at least unpleasant, sensations in the treated area. In the first days of pain can be so strong that you will need painkillers.
About 1 month will have to wear compression underwear. First, 24 hours a day, then – for 12 hours (the exact schedule will appoint a surgeon). It is uncomfortable and ugly, but it reliably protects from the appearance of large edema, seromy and other troubles, and also prevents the appearance of unevenness on the skin.
Sometimes drainage tubes are placed in the operated area, and in the first days after the operation, liquid will flow out quite actively from them. This in itself is normal and, moreover, significantly facilitates and speeds up the recovery. It is only necessary to monitor the volume of drainage and report it to the surgeon, so that he can understand at what point the tube can be removed.
For at least a few weeks, physical activity is restricted, bathing in the sauna, swimming pool, solarium, taking hot bath are prohibited. At the same time, moderate activity will be useful and even necessary – for example, small walks should be started within 2-3 days, this will speed up the reduction of swelling and prevent the appearance of blood clots.
You should prepare for a special diet. The larger the volume of liposuction, the more traumatic it is for our body, so for the first few days the surgeon can prescribe a liquid diet, which is then gradually replaced by soft food and only then – by conventional products.
Also, it will be necessary to drink a lot to restore the fluid balance disturbed during the operation. Ideally, it is water and natural juices. But drinks with caffeine and especially alcohol only enhance dehydration.
Healing surgical incisions should be kept clean and protected from direct sunlight to avoid the appearance of rough scars and pigmentation disorders. If there is a desire to smear them with healing or anti-scabies – you should first consult with your surgeon, since in many cases it will be preferable not to touch the wound in general, until they are completely healed.
Cavitation and other types of non-surgical lipolysis do not bring any discomfort and do not require lifestyle restrictions. The patient only needs to monitor his diet: do not overload the liver with heavy food, give up alcohol and keep drinking regimen to facilitate the withdrawal of the products of the breakdown of fat cells from the body.
There are no other prohibitions, and physical activity is even welcome, because it additionally speeds up the metabolism.
Cost of Liposuction
Even the average price of liposuction is not easy to determine, because the procedure is performed on different parts of the body, in different ways, with general or local anesthesia, so it’s hard to even name its average cost. Experience and the name of the surgeon, the remoteness of the clinic from the capital also affect the cost of liposuction.
If your body can not get rid of excess fat, if no kinds of diets and sports can help to make your tummy flat and completely remove excess fat from your hips, the fat liposuction procedure is the most radical method of dealing with problem areas that does not leave scars. Highly qualified plastic surgeons will help you easily solve this problem. In the end, your tummy will become tight, the body will build up, which means that both self-confidence and beauty will increase.
What Is Included In Lipo Cost?
Cost, as in most varieties of plastic surgery, consists of three components:
- Procedure itself
- Duration of stay in hospital.
It happens, that at the initial consultation, the patient is not told the full cost of the whole package of services and then additional expenses come up. The best will be to check with the treating surgeon if all services are included in the bill.
Liposuction for time to last, depending on the zones of carrying out and on anesthesia in different ways. The time of anesthesia varies from 30 minutes to 2 hours. The price of anesthesia varies depending on the dosage.
The cost of the operation depends on the number of zones on which the procedure is carried out, develops individually, depends on the amount of fat deposition. As a result, the price can be a difference of ten times.
The price is less when you adjust more zones, since you pay less for each zone under all equal conditions. Staying in the clinic is also cost a lot. It will be required only in the case after a general anesthesia. After all, after 16-24 hours you will be able to fully live.
The price is influenced by the method of conducting it. Tumescent liposuction will cost you less, and ultrasound or laser – cost more. According to the popularity rating, parts of the body also differ. The most popular are the abdomen and hip area.
Liposuction for men will cost more than for women, since the man’s fat is removed more difficultly than the female fat because of its structure. Therefore, the procedure for liposuction in men is more expensive.
Tests for the detection of contraindications and a preliminary examination also contributes to the expense. Therefore, many clinics contribute the cost of these services to the total price of the operation.
After the liposuction, all patients must undergo a recovery in the hospital. About 1-2 days of being in the hospital will also make up your cost of the procedure. Recovery period is about 3-4 weeks. At this time, you must always wear special compression underwear. The full result of the operation is visible only one to six months after the operation.
All American plastic surgery clinics offer different methods. This is ultrasonic and laser liposuction. These methods are considered the safest and the recovery period after them is much shorter.
Absolutely, any operation requires a great deal of skill from a plastic surgeon. Professionalism should be and an anesthesiologist. And when the clinic voices a low price for its services, it is worth considering whether professionals are really going to entrust life to you. Or the conditions of stay do not meet your expectations and the standard of quality.
The volume of the operation, its type, the surgeon selects the client very individually during the preliminary consultation. A lot also depends on the area being corrected.
- Liposuction Cost And Photos In Cedar Rapids Iowa How long does the liposuction result last? Many people want to know whether the results of liposuction are permanent. Like many other questions concerning plastic surgery, yes … and no. The human body has a...read more
- Liposuction Cost In Panama City, FL: Prices And Before & After Photos Even the most undeveloped abdominal muscles look in relief, if there is no fat between them and the skin. Therefore, eat right and exercise the appropriate exercises if you want to look really lean, when...read more
- Liposuction In Riverside CA: Prices And Photos Every person, with visible indifference, is always dissatisfied with his forms. With the current standards of beauty and sedentary lifestyle (by the way, both factors mutually exclude each other), there is no excess fat on...read more
- Lipo Surgery In Oxnard, CA What is the abdominal liposuction? The human body grows old every day and loses its former attractiveness. And nothing can be done about this. It remains only to use the right methods, which allow you...read more
- Liposuction In Overland Park KS Improper diet and a sedentary lifestyle gave rise to a problem in the modern world such as excess fat in the abdomen. And if the men are quite friendly and live with such a belly,...read more
- Liposuction Prices And Before & After Pics In Ventura CA Liposuction in Ventura gained popularity at the end of the last century thanks to the French surgeon who developed this simple operation. In modern plastic surgery with liposuction, powerful electric fat suctioners and various small...read more
- Liposuction Cost And Before After Photos In Vermont What to expect from liposuction in Vermont? Before deciding on liposuction, it is important to understand that this procedure does not replace you diet and exercise. Therefore, you need to do everything in the complex....read more
- Liposuction In Vancouver: Prices And Before & After Photos Surgical intervention whose purpose is to destroy and remove excess fatty tissue from the human body is called liposuction. For the first time this kind of surgery was carried out in the year 21st century...read more
- Liposuction In Valencia CA: Prices And Before & After Photos Much has changed since the invention of the liposuction procedure. The basic surgical method of fat suction, now known as “dry” technique, requires hospitalization and general anesthesia for each patient, blood transfusion is usually necessary...read more
- Columbus Liposuction Cost And Before And After Photos Liposuction in Columbus is a method of getting rid of excess fatty deposits. Many women mistakenly believe that liposuction will relieve not only of extra pounds, but also of cellulite. But this is not so,...read more
- Liposuction Cost In Ankara, Turkey Liposuction in Ankara is most often used for cosmetic purposes, to give a smoother shape in areas such as the hips, abdomen, buttocks, calves, hands or some areas of the back. It can also be...read more
- Liposuction Cost In France To whom is liposuction indicated? Liposuction (liposculpture) has rather limited indications. The main thesis: “Liposuction is not a remedy for obesity.” When obesity thickens the entire subcutaneous fat, and doing a liposuction “whole body” –...read more
- Liposuction In Long Beach CA: Prices And Before And After Photos Each liposuction procedure begins with a consultation. The doctor will evaluate your health, both physical and psychological, and determine if you are a good candidate for this procedure, based on the elasticity of the skin...read more
- Liposuction Knoxville TN Prices And Before & After Photos Liposuction in Knoxville is a kind of plastic surgery, the purpose of which is to improve the contours of the face or body by removing excess fat in certain areas. Most often, patients undergo such...read more
- Liposuction In Aventura FL Cellulite can not be overcome with cosmetology procedures! Without going back to the nature and pathogenesis of cellulite, one should once again envy men who do not have such a problem. With the development of...read more